Friday Flower

This morning I did something for the second time in my life.
I cut fresh flowers from our small garden.
The last tenants planted some roses, which I thought were almost dead.
But due to the mild fall they are coming back to bloom.
As I stood there, still in my pj’s and bathrobe, hoping no neighbours would walk by,
I wondered when it was the last time that I cut flowers from my garden.
With all this moving around, we’ve had a lot of balconies with potted plants,
but only once before did we have fresh from the earth, growing by itself flowers.
The previous gardens mostly had grass, bushes and trees growing in them.
While cutting away, I knew who I would give my Friday Flower today.
She lives in Texas, where we also had the pleasure of living,
is a real giving lady and she makes me smile with her witty comments.
She loves red, so seeing my red roses made me think of Brenda.
I already talked about Brenda here, so for the people who haven’t been visiting her yet, she lives in her Cozy Little House. Knowing how she loves her red and blue, I used a blue bowl for these lovely red roses.
So Brenda,
if I could have popped in today for coffee,
first I would give you a big hug and these red roses
and then I would enjoy your dogs and the new pondless waterfall,
while taking in some Texas air.
Enjoy the weekend everyone
and
for reading my blog!
Linking up with the lovely Laura and Melissa.

22 thoughts on “Friday Flower

1. Sarah

Happy Friday lovely Maureen…your flowers are perfect! x
    ps…i left you some nautical pictures on my last post just for you!

2. Miss Sew & So

that is gorgeous maureen…the red and blue..from your garden no less…

i am popping over to see brenda now….

have a wonderful autumn weekend my friend….

melissa xoxox

3. Miss Sew & So

that is gorgeous maureen…the red and blue..from your garden no less…

i am popping over to see brenda now….

have a wonderful autumn weekend my friend….

melissa xoxox

1. Latesha

Fy søren,noe sÃ¥ discusting,nÃ¥ har jeg gjort min siste tur til brdseskjærema¸kinÃn altsÃ¥.Ikke det at jeg har brukt den sÃ¥ mange ganger,men etter dette,aldri mer.Tro hvor mange sÃ¥nne tilfeller det er rundt om,ush,tør nesten ikke tenke pÃ¥ det engang.Takk for at du satte fingeren pÃ¥ dette,og ha ei riktig god helg.Klem fra Anne-Berit.

4. Miss Sew & So

that is gorgeous maureen…the red and blue..from your garden no less…

i am popping over to see brenda now….

have a wonderful autumn weekend my friend….

melissa xoxox

5. Laura

These are so Brenda! My garden is in full bloom with Chrysanthemums at the moment, but I went out today and it’s pretty cold, so I have a feeling that all this colour will be short lived! Enjoy the weekend! Lx

6. Brenda Kula

I haven’t been online all day, because I suddenly took it upon myself to to take my giant L-shaped computer desk apart (of course ran into all sorts of problems and had to go find a retired neighbor gentleman to bail me out.) So my computer hasn’t even been hooked up. I come online and see this! I am so touched I’m about to cry. Red and blue is yes, yes, yes, me to the core. Thank you, sweetie!
    Brenda

7. Jill

Hi Maureen
    Nothing better than picking flowers from you garden – and they looked superb a beautiful colour. Have a lovely weekend.
    Jillx

8. Tatum

Aww Maureen that post was super fabulous. How sweet of you to think of Brenda. She is a special person to everyone here in Blogland. Your roses are so bright and beautiful and look right at home in the blue bowl. You are a very kind person :-)

Oh, and thanks for your comment on my Oprah post. I had fun writing it. Sorry you didn’t get to check out her show, but she is starting her own network…maybe one day new opportunities will come your way!

Have a great weekend!

Dear Maureen,

Nothing nicer than walking outdoors and to be able to pick some flowers for the house.
    I love your pretty red roses and they look so nice in the blue bowl.
    It was a pleasure to mention you in my post and always neat to be able to meet other friends.

Happy weekend