A different Friday Flower….white and soft

Mother Nature shaked herself this morning over our heads,
turning everything white!
We knew it would be snowing, but still we were surprised to see
the garden white and green.
Ten days ago, I showed rainy pictures, so this morning I went into the garden,
again in pj’s and pink crocs with wool with my glasses and uncombed hair….
{yes, the neighbours had a lovely sight looking at me…}
All because I knew someone on the other side of the ocean would be smiling,
seeing snow in my front garden….
I’m talking about my namesake Maureen.
She lives in Texas where snow is not falling, even if she would send a letter to Santa….

{And Maureen, I would like to give you some real nice Friday Flowers, but because I didn’t have any flowers in the house I thought you would like a bit of snowy green, with the only two roses left in the little rosebush….}

Maureen has two lovely blogs, her daily blog Celestial Charms and her Christmas blog Yuletide Seasonings. Have you not met her yet, do pop in, you will get a warm Texas welcome!

And as most of you already know, Friday Flower has two very sweet hostesses, Laura & Melissa, where I am linking up this post. And even though we live far away from each other, I know if we would meet in real life, we would have a ball together! So I’m very glad to have met them, here in Blogland, where there is no snow…. where with one click I can look at some sunshine….
*So my dear bloggy friends*,
I hope you enjoy these snowy days if you have them too, and for the people who are enjoying the sun, I wouldn’t mind at all, if you want to post some sunny photo’s so I can put on my sunglasses and smile while looking at your blog!

Have a good Friday!

20 thoughts on “A different Friday Flower….white and soft

1. JANE

Oh my! You have really transported me to a different climate, Maureen ☺. The days are lengthening here and the smell of summer is in the air. Time to get that all important ‘thingy’ for the barbecue so we can start dining outdoors! J x

2. Thisisme

Lovely photoes of the snow Maureen! I’m like you and go out in the garden in my dressing gown. Fortunately, I do not have any neighbours to see this awful sight first thing in the morning! We have had snow here in England for the past few days but nothing down here in Devon yet.

Hey Maureen, happy Friday! You know, there is just about a day set aside for every possible thing you can imagine (thanks to Hallmark Cards and the like), so why not an International Day of Thanksgiving. A day when the whole world can be at peace for 24 hours. Sounds like a good idea to me.

We’ve had a bit of a cloudy day around here. With shorter days due to winter being upon us, it feels like it should be much later than it usually is in the evenings and I find myself ready to head to bed before 8 pm. In fact, yesterday I slept from 9 pm until 9 am this morning. Yikes!

Hard to believe you are having snow — and roses. Now I’m singing that song by Seal … And now that your rose is in bloom
    A light hits the gloom on the gray ….

Stay warm and have a great weekend! :) Tammy

4. It's me

Ook al sneeuw bij jouw !! hier nog niks hoor de hele dag de zon…twas heerlijk…wel koud brrrrrr….fijne avond liefs Ria…

5. Blondie's Journal

We still have not gotten snow and I am hoping for a little. I shouldn’t say that as we are in for a bad winter here in North {US}. Just a little dusting would make me smile!

Lovely pictures, Maureen!

XO,
    Jane

6. vintch

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. You are such a sweetheart and always have the kindest words. I am so jealous of all your lovely snow! Here in North Carolina, we rarely get any snowfall, and when we do, it usually melts very quickly. This was a beautiful post. Take care, my friend!

7. Celestial Charms

Thank you ever so much for the beautiful wintery red roses, and the much anticipated snow photos. So lovely! I’m so delighted in seeing your post today, as I really needed a pick me up. Darling daughter has been sick with a bad cold and stomach bug, and hubby was out of town for Thanksgiving Day. :( So we really didn’t even get to celebrate Thanksgiving. Regardless, I’m very happy, now that I have seen your post today, and greatful for your sweet thoughts. :)
    Hugs,

8. Natasha

G’day Maureen! I am thrilled to see these snowy pictures. isn’t it funny that you want to see warm summer pictures but I love to look at snowy pictures!

I am so glad you dropped in to visit. I really do hope that you visit Australia and I would be thrilled to show you around my city, Brisbane! Let me know when you are thinking of coming and I will see what things you can do. How exciting!

Best wishes for a lovely weekend and I will send you some warm Summer vibes!
    Natasha.

9. Miss Sew & So

hello my gorgeous gorgeous friend!!

oh youre soo lucky….what a beautiful sight!!

your FF are the best!!

yes if you & I & Laura were together this holiday season- oh my lord would we have some fun!!!!!!

still packing your little bag of goodies……
    huge hugs
    melissa xoxox

10. Miss Sew & So

hello my gorgeous gorgeous friend!!

oh youre soo lucky….what a beautiful sight!!

your FF are the best!!

still packing your little bag of goodies……
    huge hugs
    melissa xoxox

11. Miss Sew & So

hello my gorgeous gorgeous friend!!

oh youre soo lucky….what a beautiful sight!!

your FF are the best!!

still packing your little bag of goodies……
    huge hugs
    melissa xoxox

12. Life in the Country Lane

Gorgeous images Maureen. Thank you for bringing me a little of your world. I am not liking the green browning off and the warm weather to come here is Oz. But we do have lots of starry starry nights!!!
    Rebecca x

13. Maaike

oef Maureen, in Amsterdam nu -4… brr… De eerste sneeuw viel zaterdag in de stad, maar dooide binnen een paar uur weer weg. Deze week eerste schaatswedstrijden op natuurijs. En de eerste erwtensoep is ook al weer binnen :-). Heerlijke tijden! Fijne week en geniet van de sneeuw,
    liefs van Maaike

I enjoyed seeing your beautiful snowy photographs and thanks for going out in your jammies to take some pictures. What a winter wonderland and love the rose bravely standing there.
    I wish I could package up some of our sun.

Happy week
    Hugs

15. Belle Inspirations

Love your blog! I am now your newest follower, I also have a new blog so please visit sometime i hope to send some inspiration your way as you have just done with your beautifully inspiring pics! Have a great day !