Parade of Homes

This week many new people have found my little corner here
in Blogland, so a very warm
Welcome
to all my new readers!
{by the way, if you haven’t enabled your blog profile I can’t go back to visit you…}

This is where I mostly sit to blog, my old table,
from Marktplaats (the dutch version of craigslist)
 which I painted white years ago.

It’s covered with a plastic lace tablecloth for now,
 because the paintbrush and the table need a date again…
So this a tiny peek into my house,
but have you seen this?

Twice this week I read about a

Where have I been?!
A peeping tour in houses and I didn’t know about it?
I love having a look in other homes!
Thanks Jami and Tammy for this great link!
And there is more to see when you go to the 2010 tour…
Oh boy, I have some reading to do,
but it will have to wait until tonight.
Because the sun is out here and my little sidekick for the day is a
cute little girl and we have very important things to do
(it involves a swing).
So go and have a look at
and enjoy the wonderful homes!
Have a great weekend!

13 thoughts on “Parade of Homes

1. Sarah @ Modern Country Style

Do you know what I love? *Your* home!!! It’s so airy and bright and pretty. I can imagine sitting there with you drinking a lovely cup of something warm and cosy and having a good old chinwag.

Wouldn’t that be perfect?

Sarahx

Hi Maureen, I love that you are showing us bits and pieces of your life and home now. The Parade of Homes is so fun. I can remember me and my brother going with my parents to show homes and my brother would eat the candy from the jars in the kitchen. I always wondered how it had been sitting there. :/ But he didn’t care.

As for the envelopes, they glue together quite nicely. Some magazine pages are sturdier than others. I actually received one of these envelopes through the mail from Canada. It was reinforced with tape but it made it here and I was quite shocked. I juse use these to give small gifts of tea and chocolate to friends, perhaps with a little quotation tucked in or a little something crocheted. My aunt has even used outdated calendars to make envelopes and she mails them out in the States without a problem. Just put a sticker on the front for the address and you are good to go. I would put mine inside another envelope before mailing since anything from here has to go through hell to get where it’s going. :)

I think we could have a good chat at your kitchen table. Enjoy your day and the tour of homes when you kick back tonite! Best wishes, Tammy

3. Stitchfork

What a pretty spot to write your blog posts from Maureen! Enjoy the swings with your sidekick and have a fun-filled weekend!
    Cathy

4. wendz

That’s a beautiful room – the light is wonderful.

I’m currently painting furniture white – I went through a phase of wanting lots of colour but now, well now I want the colour balanced by white.

I agree, that looks a lovely spot to write your blog posts, especially looking right out to the garden. Very pretty. It doesn’t look like a plastic tablecloth from here – I thought how lovely it was! Hey, is that a chandelier I can see peeking down ?! How cool is that! Have a lovely weekend and I hope that the sun is shining over there for you.

Great to see where you sit at the lovely table to blog.
    What a beautiful table and area and it is neat to see little peeks into your wonderful home.
    Have fun on the swing with your sweet sidekick and have a fabulous weekend

Hugs

7. Laura

Wow,Maureen,darling! Your place is dreamy. I don’t know why, but I exactly imagined it this way!!
    As sweet as you are!
    Kiss you,enjoy your weekend!
    Laura@RicevereconStile

Ah, Sweetie! So pleased to see you shedding some light onto the ‘Maureen mystique’. Bring it on, my friend. “More”, they cry, “More!”. J x

9. Beth

That looks such a lovely place to blog. Right this minute I am in a very uncomfortable spot as the battery on my ipad has gone dead and I’m stretching to type with the charger in! Maybe we should all do a “where do you blog” post and photo shot…? Hmm that’s an idea?
    Love the peak we got of your chandelier.
    x

10. xena

great to see your house and the lovely creative work you have done i must say this is the most creative and beautiful blog i have ever visited.!!! keep posting !!!