{My Love for…} Easy peasy smile project

Today in {My Love for…} I wanted to make something fun and sooo easy peasy to do.
Easy peasy projects are my favourite, they are simple and make me smile instantly!
Specially when it’s a cold morning like today and you look at the wooden peg holding
the cereal bag while thinking “mmh…. interesting…..”
What has a cold Thursday morning in common with a wooden peg on a cereal bag?
Well nothing really, I just felt an idea popping up to make a very easy peasy make-over for it.
This is just how my mind works….on a whim I want to do something…. it doesn’t matter that I
was in the middle of making breakfast…. when I feel creative I just go with it…
(are you still with me?)
I like wooden pegs, they are classic, have a clean look and are handy dandy.
I use them not only to hang clothes, but also to hold cereal bags (or any other food bag).
I even took them with me when we went on holiday with the camper van, to hold items together or papers.
Since I started to wander around Blog land and Pinterest, I have seen some great ideas where
pegs and Japanese washi tape became big friends.
So if you feel the need to make an instantly gratifying easy peasy quick project, this is it!
Just take some wooden pegs, some washi tape, if necessary a drop of paint, a scissor
and you are ready to roll!
It is also super handy for holding cards too.
I used a little bit of  blue tag to hold it up.
It also makes a cute tag holder for presents.
And the person who gets the present can use it to hold cards or papers too.
So actually it’s a two in one present, right?
And if you happen to still stand in your pj’s, like I was this morning, while doing this little project and your teenage girl just walks by making comments to her dad….  “she is painting a peg?!”
Just ignore her….
Or if your man happens to have a day off and wanders into the kitchen with a funny look on his face that means something like “oh boy, what is she doing now….”
Just ignore him too….
You see,
this easy peasy project is just for the girls who,
like me, understand how utterly satisfying it is
to paint a wooden peg
and that
slapping on some washi tape can make you
smile!
And we all know that smiling is good for you….
So this will not only give you an instant smile,
it’s and extra health boost too….
You’re welcome….
See you soon!

14 thoughts on “{My Love for…} Easy peasy smile project

1. Bee happy

Great idea with the tape on the pegs, I have that same tape and have just been using it to wrap around some tins for storage :)

Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

2. by kuzz

Wat schrijf je dat toch weer leuk! En het ziet er super leuk uit, inderdaad een simpel snel klaar project met groot effect!
    lieve groet Erna
    (with love)

That is an easy peasy project. Except for the taking apart bit. I always thought when you took it apart it wouldn’t go back together. I’ve got some clothespins around here somewhere but will have to dig to the find them. I’ve seen them decoupaged before and had planned to do that at one point but never got around to it. Love the way you wrapped that present with the lace, handmade tag and decorated clothespin. Simple yet lovely. We have a Japanese store here called Daiso but I haven’t been there in a while. Don’t remember seeing Wasi tape but as popular as it is now, surely they must have some. Will have to get over there to check out the merchandise. :) Hope your day is a good one. Tammy

4. helen tilston

Hello Maureen

I understand completely that when an idea strikes, urgent attention is necessary. I am guilty and I can literally disappear when an idea for painting strikes.

These little decorated pegs have many uses. Thanks for visiting

Helen xx

5. flowers on my table

Hi Maureen, easy peasy and super cool! Love them!

Thanks for your lovely comments, I see you like me are on the night-shift! Have a fun-filled weekend my lovely Dutch girl! LOve LInda x

6. Natasha in Oz

I really need to get some of that tape-what a great idea!

Thanks for stopping by today Maureen, it was lovely to hear from you. I am following you via the new linky tool now. I have heard that Google Friend Connect will be phased out for all bloggers eventually and that it will be replaced by Google+. At the moment only bloggers who are with “Blogger” will be able to still use GFC.

It’s really easy to get a domain name too. Just go to your settings on your blogger dashboard and there should be a tab to get you to the instructions (the Publishing tab I think). Its only $10 per year and your blogger followers will be redirected to your site automatically.

Well, take care and have a great weekend!
    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

7. ivana

Nice idea: it’s amazing how such a tiny and meaningless thing has so powerful energy. True, girls understand it, never mind the rest;)
    Enjoy your weekend, dear Maureen!

8. Melissa

Oh my sweet friend- I LOOOOVE this idea- I was sooo looking for a reason to buy a big bundle of washi tape from a lovely little store near me!!!

And if you can promise me that *smile* – I will treasure you even more!!

Adore these…and you….