Back from Dubai

We are back from our trip. I mentioned in the post before that we would go outside of Europe.

Well we went to Dubai, one of the Emirates in the Middle East.
Sweetheart had to be in Dubai for his work and we joined him this time, since the girls
have their school holiday earlier this year.

Warm weather, beach across the street, shops, restaurants, friendly atmosphere and a luxury hotel,
yep it was lovely to be there. I made lots of photo’s and with help from my daughter,
will put them into a movie soon to give you a better impression than only a camel on the beach.

Seeing this camel resting on the beach was in my eyes so different than what I am used to
see on a beach, I had to share this. I think he looks cute posing his head like this.
He probably knew I would put his face on the Internet….

Exploring different cultures is something I love to do, so my first time in the Middle East was a good one.

And guess who I have met in person while in Dubai?
Tammy from the blog T’s Daily Treasures!

Tammy is from America and lives in Kuwait. She and her husband had to be in Dubai too,
so we all met in the mall and had a good old chat. It was so nice to talk to her in person, like two old friends catching up. She made us some lovely gifts (I’ll show them in the movie) which was so thoughtful of her.
This is what blogging does, connecting people you would otherwise never have met. Glad we did Tammy!

Okay, time to enjoy the rest of the holiday at home with my girls,
hope your week will be a good one!

11 thoughts on “Back from Dubai

1. Tammy@T's Daily Treasures

That is a great picture of the camel on the beach. Glad to hear all is well now that you are back home. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. We have dust, dust, dust today. Yuck! Best wishes, Tammy

2. Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Dearest Maureen,

What indeed a cute picture of that camel. He/she looks even mischievous like being up to some unexpected move…
    Welcome back home! We know by experience how overwhelming that can be. No matter how great the time spent on holidays or away has been, we must catch up on time ‘lost’.
    But you all have added some fond memories and sure, meeting Tammy was an added bonus.
    Love,

Mariette

3. Kom Achterom

Ha Maureen!
    Waah eventjes naar Dubai waah super zeg! Wat lijkt me het heerlijk om daar even aan het strand te hangen naast een kameel! hihihi
    Hier regen regen en regen en dat in mijn vrije week! Jammer hoor! We kunnen echt weinig ondernemen zo maar goed dat de winkels overdekt zijn! hihihihi.
    Lieve groetjes
    Yolanda

4. pembrokeshire lass

Hi Maureen. I haven’t long discovered this blogging but am really impressed by the friendliness and support out there. So lovely meeting Tammy. i look forward to the movie! Joan

5. Lynda

tuuuuuurlijk even lekker naar Dubai!!!!!! wat gaaaaaaaf, kan niet anders dan geweldig zijn geweest! geloof ik meteen!!! En ook nog zomaar even een blogdate……wat een ervaring!
    geniet nog lekker van je vakantie!!

groetjes
    Lynda

Hi Maureen. Good to see you here today. Love the photo of the camel on the beach. How wonderful to have had a trip to Dubai – quite an experience I would imagine. Looking forward to seeing the movie!

7. Meghan

Dubai has been on radar for some time now – even more so after seeing that beautiful picture of the camel on the beach. It even looks like he is posing for the camera!