{My Love for…} ~ Talking is sharing

Hello, Hello, on this Monday morning!

warning: this is one of my longer chatting away posts…. just so you know….
 if you’re reading this while you’re holding your pee, better stop now….
really, go to the bathroom and come back when you’re done….  *

Most of you know I loooove talking, right?

No? You haven’t picked up on that yet?

Well, Welcome!
My name is Maureen and I loooove to talk.

Now I know I’m not the only one, since we women are born with that special talk gene.
Some of us don’t use it so much, others use it all the time….

Enter: moi.

(in case you’re wondering…. that isn’t a typo, it’s French for ‘me’….
I guess it just sounds sweeter in French…..
and yes, I know you are not reading this post out loud, so you can’t really hear it,
but still, in French everything sounds sweeter, even inside your head, right?
And if you are reading this out loud, that’s totally okay with me, I will not tell a soul…..)

So where was I? Oh yes… Talking is Sharing.

Here in my little corner in blog land, I like to talk about different kinds of topics,
share various things that make me tick and some things that are happening in my life.
If we would meet in real life, you would also notice that I talk fast.
What can I say? It’s the talk gene taking over…..

Not only do I loooove to talk, I also Love to read.

If I would make a list of “Things I Need, to Stay Sane“, Talking and Reading
would both make it way up to the top. They would hold hands and stand with pride,
somewhere close behind the big O. (No, not Oprah, that’s another kind of big O.)
The big O as in Oxygen.

You think diamonds are ‘a girl’s best friend’?
Think again, it’s Oxygen baby. Can’t live without it.

So, just behind the big O, Talking and Reading would stand with pride.
Maybe they would even smirk about the fact that Cooking dropped way to the bottom of said list.
(not totally falling off the page, I still need to eat…)

Now, back to reading and in particular, Reading Books.

For me, reading a book is soul feeding.
And since I’m an old school girl, I’m one of these people you will see reading a Real Book.
Yep, I’m a no-charger-needed-real-papers-in-it-book-reading-girl.

No matter how big or small, 100 pages or 700 pages, if I like the topic and the writing style,
I’m reading away baby. Always have, always will.

You can find me reading while I’m sitting in an airplane or in the tram
(well, back in my Amsterdam days that was), on the beach or just on the sofa here at home.
You get the picture.

Speaking of pictures….
I made these photo’s last year while on holiday, in a beautiful old French church in Lyon.
The books are big old bibles for people to borrow during service.

Talking. Reading. Writing.
It’s all a form of Sharing.
All part of one big family, non?

Last week when I was reading blogs, I saw a new book being promoted on the blog of Tania McCartney
(I don’t think she’s related to Paul McCartney… although it would make a cool story….).

She has a pretty great lifestyle in Australia. She writes for a living, isn’t that cool?
Well in my eyes that is and she has just published a book about her years living in China
with two small children and her husband. Initially she dreaded going there but in the end
she loved the country. So when I was reading some of the reviews of her
newest book “Beijing Tai Tai”, I was intrigued and ordered it on-line.

I’m also living in another country with two children (one small, one not so small) and my sweetheart
and my experiences with Switzerland are mixed. Also when we lived in Houston,
it wasn’t always sunshine and roses. But that is only natural when you move to another country.
It’s all part of that big old A.
A as in Adventure.

Tania’s book is now flying over the ocean, packed in between other packages.
They’re probably talking among themselves (“He, you there in the corner….where are you off too? What? All the way to Switzerland? Well mate, good luck with that journey…”).

Want to know more about “Beijing Tai Tai”? Have a look {here} at Tania’s website.

Wow! You’ve made it all the way to the end of my chattering post,
I hope no one peed in their pants…

See you soon girls!

* by the way, are there any boys out there reading along?
just wave your hand and say Hi if you want. *

23 thoughts on “{My Love for…} ~ Talking is sharing

1. Kom Achterom

Whoehahahaha meid wat kan jij heerlijk weg kletsen lees schrijven zeg! Mensenkinders wat een waterval! Zit ik altijd te denken hoe zal ik het nu eens brengen op mijn blog klepper jij het heerlijk neer! waah Ik zou je stem er zo graag bij willen horen want ook ik ben geboren met het klepvirus maar dus niet echt met het schrijf virus. Ik hou interacties met mensen dan ben ik op mijn best! ihihhi geen mobiel geen facebook geen hives nee gewoon de oude vertrouwde tel en dan kleppen en beppen.
    Lezen ja daar hou ik ook wel van maar moet zeggen dat ik dat de laatste tijd schromelijk verwaarloos sinds ik een blog heb.
    Je zet me wel weer even aan het denken toch maar even weer eens wat oppakken! Heerlijk!!
    Ik wens je een heerlijke klep en bep dag vandaag hoor!
    knuf
    Yolanda

2. Jill

moi aussi, your right it does sound better in French, books I love them, I read at all opportunities! I suppose the e.book is okay for holidays etc as you wouldn’t need to use up valuable luggage space (for clothes) with books.
    Have a great week, off to look at that book now.
    Jillx

You make me giggle, Sweets! Her book does sound intriguing – you should review it for Felicity’s ‘vivre le livre’ linky. J x

Hi Maureen, you leetle chatterbox you! Yes, doesn’t everything sound so much better in French. This post did make me smile, I must admit! Like you, I have a complete love of books and I can still remember vividly going to bed the night before my 7th birthday, feeling so excited. Why? Because I knew that I was going to get an Enid Blyton book the next day. The love affair has carried on from there really. My two daughters are the same, and I’m delighted to say that my three grandchildren also love books, even the little ones. I belong to a Book Club now, which is great, because you really do read books that you wouldn’t necessarily have chosen yourself. I love that photo of the stack of French Bibles! Eeek, now I’m doing a Maureen and chatting on. Must dash! Au Revoir and Abiento`t!

5. Beth

I like your chatty posts Maureen, your personality just shines. I’m with you on the reading thing and have tried to embrace the iPad and e-books but the feel of a real book will still be a big pull for me.
    Have a lovely week.
    x
    PS I know you like a nosey at interiors so you might like the photos on my recent post?

6. Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Beste Maureen,

Ja, ja boeken zijn ‘soul-food’ dat is een FEIT. Schrijven is ook zoiets essentiëels in mijn leven. Je kunt er bruggen mee bouwen en afstanden mee verkorten. Heerlijke post!
    Liefs,

Mariette

7. Tammy@T's Daily Treasures

Hey there, Maureen! You are such a hoot! I am happy to say that I have firsthand knowledge of your chatterbox ways. :) It’s so true that you write the way you think. You could probably write your own book. I look forward to hearing how you like Beijing Tai Tai. Hugs, Tammy

8. Noelle the dreamer

Pour sure, vous aimez d’en raconter mais c’etait interessant! Et c’est vrai, les choses semblent bien avoir un petit je ne sais quoi dit en Francais!
    Reading is also my favourite pastime and thank you for sharing your thoughts about Beijing Tai Tai! I will check out both website and book!
    Bien le bonjour!

9. Loree

It’s funny but I don’t think that boys are into blogs like girls are :) Enjoy your book. I love the old-fashioned paper books too.

10. Mrs. Sutton

Maureen – you made me laugh out loud! (Luckily, i had JUST been to the loo – so no issues there!)
    I too love reading books (I also LOVE talking – lol!), and books about other peoples real adventures in a different country are even better. I will definitely check out Beijing Tai Tai – but what i really want to know is when will YOUR book be published – your life sounds equally as interesting! x

11. Lori ann

dear maureen, hee hee, funny! and fun. i like books too, and feel a bit guilty about the ones i paid for on my ipad and can’t bring myself to read there. oops, now i know!
    xo lori

12. Pet

Hi, I am one of the boys, and I read up to the end of it! I guess I am a good listener, since no way to compete with your talking-writting :-)
    Now, seriously, it is quite a pleasure to follow your adventures. Good luck in your new Australian one. And keep posting for us, dear “old school girl”. I usually try to synthesize, as much as possible, trying to bring out whatever is the idea with the minimum words. But your long “talk” in this Post brings out your feelings and how you are in a perfect way.

13. Jane and Lance Hattatt

Hello Maureen:
    Well actually there are boys as well as girls, men as well as women, out there, or here, reading and we do, as it happens, represent both. And, in addition we live in another country which is not really our own and, like you, we read avidly and also enjoy talking!

We have discovered your very lively and spirited blog via the comment which you have left today on ‘Pencil and Box’ who was our very first Follower when we started almost exactly one year ago. We have added ourselves to your Followers.

14. maureen

I love that you are a chatterbox. I only am with people I know well. With new people I’m awfully tongue tied. I would love to spend an afternoon with you chattering away. And I would love to hear your voice, your accent. I’m certain it’s lovely.

15. DRI BONATI (No Doce Lar)

Obliged by the attention that vc gives to my blog and the words what it left me, sometimes I try not to pass for the blog such feelings but this phase what I pass at this moment is inevitable not to speak. Excuse the question if vc it refuses to be answered I am going to understand and apologise, but he would like knowing the problem of his father, I believe that when we have patients at home to family all is ill, it suffers that I gather, I are making the days from my father being more cheerful. Bjus for vc peace health and a lot of harmony always!
    Adriana

16. DRI BONATI (No Doce Lar)

Adriana

17. DRI BONATI (No Doce Lar)

Adriana

18. designchic

Love your chatty posts. Like you, I need to hold a book and turn the pages. I can see the advantages of a kindle on a plane or on the beach, but generally, I’m a book kind of gal.

19. LindyLouMac in Italy

Great post Maureen, I will look forward to your review of Beijing Tai tai, it sounds interesting. Now I am off to enjoy more of this great adventure called Life, see you soon.

20. Tania McCartney

Hello Maureen – what a gorgeous post; I smiled all the way through it! Seems like we are alike in more ways than one… :) I’m also looking forward to hearing what you think of Beijing Tai Tai – and thank you so much for sharing my book with your lovely readers. I agree with Mrs Sutton – I was also going to ask when I will be awaiting YOUR book, winging across the ocean to me! Warmest wishes, Tania x (PS: I’m so looking forward to visiting The Netherlands in January.)

21. Laura

Miss you M….
    You know it’s a messy period…
    Miss you soooo much!
    Hope you’ll pass by me and tell me what you think about a certain preview…
    Love.
    Laura@RicevereconStile

22. Caroline

I loved this post! I lived in Germany for 6 months…now that is not a long time…but it was a very different experience for sure. At first it was so hard, but then I fell in love with the country. I miss it now that I am back in the states. Enjoy this adventure and your new book that is on the way!!