Simply great idea

The sun is shining here today (and tomorrow!).

With Spring finally getting it’s groove on, my mind wandered to Summer,
so when I saw this great idea for warmer days on At Home with Kim Vallée
I had to share it.

Can you say, stylish picnic/BBQ/party?

Yep, this is so great for all of the above, indoors or outside.

Instead of using plastic coolers for the drinks, why not use a wicker chest instead?

Here they used two styro foam coolers inside a chest from Ikea and voila!
Great use and great style!

I have a big chest like this too, so now I have two uses for it.
Winter: great for extra plaids and cushions.
Summer: great for hiding plastic coolers.

Got to love simple yet great ideas, right?

I hope the sun is shining on your end too, have a good day!

photo via: Kim Vallée

9 thoughts on “Simply great idea

1. Beth

I have one of those chests too. We throw shoes and bags in there and one of the cats like to sleep on top of it – it’s very handy. Fabulous idea as a smart cool box.
    x

2. Sherri B.

What a nice idea…who wants to look at those unattractive coolers when you’ve gone to all of the trouble to make everything else perfect. – Enjoy your sun! xo

3. Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Dearest Maureen,

I’m always game for practical ideas! KISS = Keep It Sweet & Simple. That was Campbell’s Soup’s motto already when my husband was their VP Training & Development. Wherever you go for travel in life, you always come back home with an idea or two for implicating into your daily routine. Reading is also such a ‘travel’ for the mind.
    Enjoy your new found idea!
    Have a great weekend coming your way.
    Love,
    Mariette

4. Tammy@T's Daily Treasures

Sam use to put a plastic trashcan on the balcony filled with ice and drinks when we would have large groups over. :) Not very swanky, but did the trick. We had lots of heat today. Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

5. Mrs. Sutton

Brilliant idea – AND I have a few unused wicker hampers – Yay! Will be nice to give them another use rather than old shoes, toy, blankets…and…things that are thrown in when guests arrive – shhhhh!Paula x

6. Maria at inredningsvis.se

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog..do you have twitter or FB to follow you by??

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.