The one about our surprise marriage, Amsterdam and Scotland

Hello, hello…..anyone there?

If you are just tuning in, this is a blog about various things that make me tick.
And these last couple of months have been a loooong ride, filled with different emotions!

First, my news which I couldn’t share…

Today, two weeks ago, on the 7th day of the 7th month, Sweetheart and I said ‘Yes’ in front of our closest friends and family in the middle of Amsterdam!
Yep, he asked and I said yes and than there was a whole 3 weeks of planning and scheming and rings and whole lot more!

Because….. nobody knew that we would get married that day!
The shock on people’s faces was super cool, typical a stunt for us, that’s what people said after they got a hold of themselves again.

It was during our goodbye dinner in Amsterdam, the one I talked about in my last post.
The reason behind this and the whole story I will share with you all, I promise!

And to top it off, we’re having our proper wedding end of the year, December 30th!
Yes, we marry first, than we have our wedding…
So much more to tell you!

Also…..
I went and took photo’s of my hometown, Amsterdam, for you, so more about that too, coming soon.

The reason I have to keep this a short pop-in-and-out-post of my lovely blog (which by the way I miss, but when it’s more quieter here, I will return to regular postings), is….
I’m typing this very moment from Edinburgh!
Yep, the capital of Scotland is our destination for this years family holiday and after this week we are heading back to Amsterdam, so you can imagine why my time on the computer is very limited.

We leave Switzerland in the middle of August, so more on our upcoming move to Dubai will follow also.

Are you still with me?!?

It has been an unbelievable happy and interesting couple of weeks, so I hope you will follow along, bear with me, I will make more posts but in the mean time, I hope you will have a great summer and we will talk soon!

Virtual hugs, from me to you all,

(and I have no photo’s to show for now, since I’m in a hotel lobby and I don’t have one of these smarty pants phones, yet….)

16 thoughts on “The one about our surprise marriage, Amsterdam and Scotland

Lovely to see you here today Maureen, and many, many congratulations to the both of you. How exciting! I rather think I had guessed at a possible wedding from your previous post! Life is certainly changing for you at the moment, and we look forward to the next instalment and seeing some of your wonderful photos. Have a lovely time in Edinbugh. See – I’m still here!!

2. flowersandhome

What a relief, I’m not the only one without one of those ‘smarty pants phones’ as you call them ;-)

So glad to here of you and your adventurous life! Constantly moving around, from here to there, I understand you don’t find the time to post much. What a great surprise for your friends and family, a real surprise-marriage!!! And a wedding still to follow. And the big move coming up. Enjoy ALL of it Maureen!!!!!

Bye,
    Marian

3. Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Dearest Maureen,

Wherever you go for the coming period; be happy and enjoy every minute! Congrats to your civic marriage on July 7! That was a real surprise indeed, but that’s your lifestyle; a little bit unpredictable and very adventurous.
    Enjoy your special family time in Scotland.
    Love to you,
    Mariette

4. Tammy@T's Daily Treasures

Maureen, you are just chock full of surprises! Congrats on the marriage and all that is to come. Enjoy Scotland. We will be heading to Germany next month for 5 days (during the Eid holiday). And then it is back to school for me on August 26th. Wishing you all the best. Hugs, Tammy

5. Beth

Wow, that IS news! Congratulations Maureen, I’m looking forward to reading more. I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time in Edinburgh – it’s such a stunning city.
    x

6. Life in the Country Lane

A big congratulations Maureen. You have been super busy!! Best wishes for the move to Dubai, but in the meantime enjoy your break in Edinburgh. Off to catch up on what else you have been up to (its been a while for me!) Take care.
    Rebecca x o

7. Celestial Charms

What wonderful things coming your way! Congratulations on your surprise wedding. Hope you took many photos of the happy event. You sure have been leading a whirlwind life of late…that is fantastic!
    Enjoy every minute of it!
    Hugs,

Hello Gorgeous I’m so delighted your surprise worked out so well – I was wondering how you’d go! Enjoy your holiday and good luck with the move. Waving from faraway Hobart, Australia. J x

9. Noelle the dreamer

Well congratulations and best wishes to you both! Now that you have left us behind to our drudgery…we will have to hope you will post some very interesting photos along with your posts!
    Thinking back to 37 years of marriage, I think your way of starting married life is by far much better!
    All the best and keep us abreast when you can…as readers we love surprises though so don’t hesitate to dazzle us…

10. Happy Homemaker UK

Wow, that is so exciting! All of it!! I didn’t know you are moving to Dubai – do you know blogger Lisa Roy? She’s a Canadian who moved from Ireland to Dubai about a year ago. Here is her blog: http://www.lisaroy.ca/ Congratulations on your marriage, and soon to be married. I’m so happy for you, Maureen!!

Thanks so much for entering this one in the Post of the month Club, Maureen – it’s a ripper! You make me smile with all your skulduggery ☺. J x

12. whiterose42

Hi Maureen
    I’ve just found your blog via Ria and so pleased I did, with just a couple of post read I’m hooked to know more…looking forward to sharing your journey with the next installment!
    Congrats on your marriage which was very much my style of arrangement, romantic and spontaneous…lots of planning now for December….again, so romantic.
    Have a lovely weekend love birds!:-)
    Fiona x